What a beautiful winter wonderland! It lightly snowed all day long, yet it wasn't too chilly out... just the right about of cold to feel good! My two favorite guys and I headed out for a Target shopping trip this afternoon. Before hand we stopped for a bite to eat... and to Shawn's wide eyed surprise... Santa Claus was there! I don't think I'd ever seen anyone so star struck (he was worse than me at the Backstreet Boys concert when I was 16!) Rewind to two years ago (the Christmas where Shawn was Landon's age) and Santa was somewhat of a torture chamber for tiny tot Shawn. As soon as those baby blues spotted ol' St. Nick today, Shawn was "I want to sit on your lap!" Landon on the other hand wasn't quite so eager, however, he wasn't giving me the "Oh. My. Gosh. You just sat me on the smelliest, fattest, most awful man alive's lap. And you want me to smile for a picture!" face. Maybe a few more visits and he'll be a-ok again :)
Shawn & St. Nick.
With Shawn (maybe this was a 1st time parent thing), I didn't find the screaming, tear drops, fearfulness, and just plain misery amusing. However, with Landon I think I've learned to accept that this is just a part of life... and I'll treasure this time... and let him want his Mommy ;)

Snowy white. Just perfect.










Sounds like you had a wonderful day out with the boys. As much as I don't like snow I do like how pretty it looks laying on the grass & trees. Cute pics as always :-)
ReplyDeleteWhat great pictures you have. Glad to hear Shawn is liking Santa. Landon will one day soon. Love ya and miss you all so much. Give the boys hugs and kisses for Uncle Cody and Aunt Lynda
ReplyDeleteThis is such a wonderful blog...I'm really enjoying this time of year more every time it rolls around!! Love my boys!! Great pics as usual ashley!! You really capture the christmas spirit in those boys... I love it.
ReplyDeleteFabulous pictures....as always! You are so very talented. Your boys are so dang cute! I love the one with Santa and Landon....so cute!
ReplyDeleteaww poor landon...scared of santa :( i'm glad at least shawn loved it! i guess the snow made up for it for landon.
ReplyDeletegreat pictures ashley! adorable as usual!! <3