Can I admit something here? I am a little afraid to write this blog. Why you ask? Because whenever I open my mouth (or type my thoughts??) I'm afraid it will jinx whatever it is that I would prefer not being jinxed.
Since the end of January we have had one thing after another here. Shawn broke his foot. Just as the cast comes off the boys start getting sick. Liam ended up on breathing treatments and steroids again. He's too little to diagnose asthma... so they are calling it "reactive airway disease." Then Landon started spiking fevers... and ended up having pneumonia. Shawn ends up with pink eye... then bronchitis... turning into pneumonia. Today is the 1st day he has been fever free in what seems like forever! So... please please please let this be behind us!
What is up with us? Jon celebrated his 29th birthday in February. Landon came up with the brilliant idea to surprise Daddy at work for his birthday (something Jon asks, bugs, begs, annoyingly whines about... yes hunny, you do.) I am not going to get into all the factors why it is hard to bring all 3 children alllll the way to his work for a short 10-20 minutes (can we say "the price of gas!!") But I will say Landon had the perfect idea so we grabbed a cute happy birthday balloon, daddy's favorite plant, and our friend Mary to tag along to visit the birthday boy. Needless to say, I am glad I waited for the special occasion to bring the boys in for a surprise visit.
Shawn is running! Yes, running. And it is so good to see him do so! He's playing more chess with me lately and gosh this kid blows me away! Not only did he teach me how to play (yes, my 5 year old taught himself to play chess... then he taught his mother) but he is getting pretty stinkin' good!
Landon wants to do what his big brother is doing. It's all about Pokemon, skylanders, battles, and video games. Though where Shawn knows when he's talking about battling that it's only pretend... Landon will sometimes come up to you and whack you across the head! This is a work in progress.
Liam started walking!!! He's not full out walking everywhere. He's taking a few steps at a time and walking from objects that are relatively close together. One thing I can not get over is how cuddly this kid is! The other two boys were so busy and on the go all the time they had little interest in cuddling. Liam just loves to lay his head on your shoulder and give "Ay Ays." He snuggles his stuffed animals, Gracie, & pretty much anything he finds cute or amusing!
"The Biz"... The photography business is getting some new digs. New branding & an office makeover that is turning into the Ashley Rawlings Photography Gallery. I can not believe how far this has come... and the dream that I am living. I never in a million years thought I would own my own business let alone get to the point of having my own gallery. I am blessed beyond measure with all of the love and support I have with this venture. I'll keep you posted on the open house & photos of the transformation from "home office" to "gallery."
On to the pics!!
![]() |
| It was time. Liam's 1st hair cut. |














You all have gone through so much lately! I really hope this is the last of the illnesses and injuries for awhile.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe you got Liam's hair cut already! I remember you held out with Landon's hair as long as possible :-) Liam looks very handsome & grown up!
I am so proud of you for making your dream come true! I remember sitting in your living room as you expressed how you felt you were holding on to a pipe dream. Look at you now!