On Tuesday June 8th we celebrated our 1st born little man's 4th birthday! I can't even believe that it has been 4 years since I 1st held Shawn... this big beautiful baby that I couldn't believe was coming home with us! Jon and I were parents! It was one of the happiest and scariest moments of our lives. Through the past 4 years of being his Mommy, I have never been prouder, and more in love with such an extraordinary little boy.
Tuesday was also a big day for another reason. Pops and Grama Carol came to visit all the way from Idaho! It had been nearly 2 years since we had seen Grama, and almost a year for Pops. Needless to say, we missed them tons and couldn't wait to spend a few days with them.
Tuesday was also a big day for another reason. Pops and Grama Carol came to visit all the way from Idaho! It had been nearly 2 years since we had seen Grama, and almost a year for Pops. Needless to say, we missed them tons and couldn't wait to spend a few days with them.

Shawn opening presents from Mom and Dad. Veggies Tales galore!!

Then came the biggie! Shawn has wanted a train set for quite a while now! And the Thomas sets (the big nice wooden tables and such) are mega expensive. Like hundreds. Thankfully Jon's mom was out for a walk one day and happened upon one for sale! This kid was made to have one of these! Boy was he surprised!
Batter up!
A father/son project: The back porch. Jon and his Dad re-screened and put new trellis on the porch. It's lookin' good guys!
Carol and I took the boys shopping while the guys were hard at work... here's one of the things we came home with... the boys 1st slip & slide! Grama also came home with sleeping bags for the boys. Shawn's is Toy Story and Landon's is Cars. They are SUPER cute! Shawn has been sleeping on his since Grama put it on the floor. Now we need a tent and bags for Jon and I and we're set!

On their last night in PA we needed to do something super special. Pops has been waiting to take the boys fishing for a LONG time. Shawn is finally at a point where we can trust that he just won't dive into any body of water (oh, and he has SOME patience now haha.) We found the perfect spot for us all to go for a family fishing adventure.

Grama and Landon running through the grass... afterward they stopped to admire all of the ducks in the pond.

Shawn was a tad bored at first, but when he reeled in his 1st fish... I think that "hooked" him into wanting to be a fisherman!

After all the fishing fun, we need a few group shots to finish off the trip. Three handsome generations of Rawlings!

Grandparents are GRAND!!! I love this shot so much. No matter the time or distance, these guys have a special bond :)

An early Father's Day present I picked up while Carol and I were shopping...
Father and son look awfully handsome in their shirts!
We had a hard time saying goodbye this morning... the visit just wasn't long enough. Poor Shawn didn't understand why they had to leave and go back home. Tonight when I took him up to his room he wanted Pops and Grama Carol to sleep there again tonight. I put his sleeping bag up on the bed to make him feel better. Ahhh stinkin' pregnancy hormones! I can't even type this without crying! We had such a wonderful time with you guys... and appreciate everything. We love you tons... and miss you already.
Landon & Grama


















We had a great week of work and fun! The boys loved to spend the time with you guys so much. Its been so long since i last fished, it brought back all the memories i had from my childhood. I understood how shawn felt...and now i understand how the people who taught me to fish felt... being a father has taught me so much and i still have so much to learn.
ReplyDeleteGlad you all had a great time with Grama Carol and Pops. The fishing pictures were great. Great job Shawn we are so proud of you. Landon is so cute and I love his laugh. Love the family shot. And just think next year you will have one more added in there. We love you all so much and miss ya.
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you all had such a wonderful time. It's great that the boys have such loving grandparents that no matter the distance still pick up where they left off the last time. The pictures are wonderful- I really enjoyed looking at them & seeing how much fun everyone had.
ReplyDeletewow looks like it was a great week for you guys. Thank god distance doesn't effect everything...these two are one good example. and i never expected fishing! how awesome is that!
ReplyDeletep.s. a slip and slide?!?! genius <3
It looks as though the visit went wonderful, watching Bob, Jon and Shawn together fishing was so cute. I can't wait to have you visit here so we can all go fishing and crabbing together...I am so gald that I found that train set, it was meant to be, you will have to send some pics of it all put together...love you all and miss you all!!
ReplyDelete