Wednesday, July 21, 2010

One Month Later...

Wow, this must have been the longest stretch that I've gone without blogging... almost a whole month! Without writing a book: It's been a long summer. Issues keeping coming up with the pregnancy... stomach problems (not morning sickness), kidney stones, you name it. It is so terribly hot out, I can't breath. The two kiddos to chase. And you've got the wedding load. Pile it together and I'm pretty much beat. My camera rarely comes out of it's bag for my own personal use. The hospital has seen more of me than some of my friends. Landon has decided that the "Terrible Two's" was named just for him. Because when he hit two, he hit terrible tantrum territory. Shawn has been pretty patient with everything. God bless him, he is pretty understanding when I just need to lay down and take a break.

In the end, this will all be worth it. I am blessed to even be pregnant again, as there are many women who would do anything to be pregnant. We're at week 15 now. Next month will be the big 20 week ultrasound where we get a detailed view of peanut and find out if we're having another prince or a princess. We get asked so often "Oh are you hoping for a girl?!" No, we're not hoping for a girl, or a boy. We're hoping to be blessed with another healthy little miracle. This pregnancy is going the slowest of the three so far. Probably because every other issue keeps coming up and landing me in pain. The kidney stone ordeal was a nightmare. For those of you who've had them, you know what I mean. I can say I'd rather go through my 32 hour labor with Shawn another 5 times than do the kidney stone thing. Thankfully, the morning that I needed to get to the ER, Lynda and Cody were here and Lynda got up bright and early and took me to the hospital. She stayed with me through all the screaming, blood, puking... and was a great comfort. Two weeks prior Stef had me in the ER for pain and there was no diagnosis... UTI is what they kept saying. At least there was an explanation for it. Tomorrow I have an appointment with a GI specialist. I'm hoping to get answers as to why I can't eat and when I do it hurts. Thankfully baby looks good through everything. To top this off, I have a nasty cold that I just can't shake.

Ok, vent over... there's the reason for lack of blogging and recreational picture taking.

On to a few pictures from the past month... to you this may seem like "oh you took pics this summer"... to me, it's a pitifully small amount. *wink*


News Flash: Landon got a hair cut! He's handsome as ever!

Shawn finished swim lessons... he misses his instructor who he developed quite the crush on.

4th of July: I put on some makeup!!! The boys loved their 4th of July truck shirts.

Two cuties.

Like Father, Like Son.

Uncle Cody and Aunt Lynda's visit. Celebrating their birthday... a bowling set for Landon, and a grill set for Shawn. Both are adorable! The grill is such a huge hit we get random fights over it everyday.

Halfway dam. Uncle Cody & Shawn... they had so much fun!

Landon and Mommy weren't feeling too good (this was the day before the kidney stones)... but the water sure felt good in that heat and humidity.

6 comments:

  1. Wow- I'm in amazement here! Finally a blog ;-) Of course with everything going on and how you've been feeling I'm sure we can all cut you some slack for lack of blogging & pictures :-D I really hope you start to feel better soon & GI can tell you something helpful. I love the pics- I can't believe how much Landon is starting to look like Jon. You weren't kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL yea, it was like one day he went from looking like both of us (a good mixture) and seeing some of Shawn in him, to looking A LOT like Daddy. Funny how when Shawn was born he didn't look like either of us, then he ended up looking like my side of the family... then when Landon was born his baby pics looked a good deal like mine... now he's lookin' like his Daddy. Funny how they change ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I've missed the blog. Like ashley said, its been crazy here. I love seeing the pics and reading about things from my better half. It's been a very rough pregnancy this time around, and all I can say is, Ashley I love you, thank you for doing this...again!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As usual a wonderful blog, I am so sorry that all of this has been going on, but thankfully some family was there to help. Thank you for the wonderful pics, the boys are growing up so fast. I do agree, Landon is looking more and more like Jon, and Shawn like you. I love you all and miss you very much...hugs and kisses to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have missed your blogs but completely understanding. So glad to finally get to visit with you all. It was no problem taking you to the hospital. I felt like i could not get ready to leave fast enough or get you to the hospital fast enough. The blood was no problem for me to see. The needles going into your arm and the throw up just about got me sick. I tired to make you comfortable by rubbing you back. Landon sure does look like his daddy. He has gotten so big. And Shawn is such a cutie. I loved all the kisses Shawn was giving Cody and Me. They are special boys. I cant wait for either another nephew or a niece to join this world and be born. Hope you start feeling better soon. I will keep checking in on you. Love you all so much

    ReplyDelete
  6. for "lack of pictures" they sure are adorable ones. glad to see in the midst of all of this trouble, you've been able to pull through and still take time to spend with these wonderful boys. i hope these health problems are diminishing, but i know you're strong and will pull through. i love you.

    ReplyDelete