Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Hula Hooping Great-Grandpa

The other day Jon and I took the boys for lunch before making our way to a place the boys were very excited to go... Reptile Land! We were making our way into the restaurant and Shawn opens the door for an elderly lady exiting the building. The woman says "Thank you" to Shawn and Shawn replies "No, thank you!" The woman proceeds to tell me what a well mannered young man I was raising. After Shawn and her exchanged a few more courtesies, Shawn yells after her "Have a good day, Ma'am!"

Landon is REALLY looking forward to becoming a big brother. Most nights he has to say goodnight to the baby by looking at my belly button and saying "Bebe!" Then he'll give my belly a little pat or a kiss goodnight. Subsequently, both boys think there are babies in their bellies too. I'm really looking forward to watching Landon with a baby. He's so fascinated with them and just loves "ooohing and ahhing" over them.


Boys' Best Friend.

Dental Hygiene.

Double Trouble Time Out.

Celebrating my sister's birthdays with Gmaw and Aunt's- Tearsa, Sallina, and Stef.

Shawn and I visiting The Land of Reptiles.

Turtle Fun.

Shawn loved- the butterfly's.
Landon loved- the snakes.

A visit with our besties... Shawn and Owen using the chair as a slip 'n slide.

VERY silly boys!

Auntie Lindsey snuggle time.

Brother's- Owen & Connor.

Canon Monster.

Tricks w/ Peeps.

Mr. Alert ALWAYS knows what is going on in HIS yard and HIS house. What a great protector!

Peep's had the brilliant idea of sending Landon down the slide for Shawn to catch him. He kept telling Shawn "Now you HAVE to catch him!" What does Shawn do? Pull his hands back and jump out of the way! Landon landed safely though :)

Hula Hoopin' Peeps!

Kiddo on patrol.

Peeps certainly had his share of sillies... the slide was just one of them.

Peeps' Lil Guys :) Poor Shawn cried when he left... he didn't want the fun to end.

I can't believe how big my baby is getting. When did we become parents of a 4 year old?!?!

This was way too funny not to grab a photo. Shawn was watching Monster's Inc and barricaded himself with pillows, threw on his farmer hat, and grabbed his best pup animal. When I saw him and laughed he started giggling himself... as he knew how silly he was being.

5 comments:

  1. I love it that the Blog is back. Seeing what goes on while I'm not here (and sometimes when i am) is wonderful. Love the pictures Ashley! Those boys are really growing up fast.
    They really enjoyed Reptileland...more than last year, and more that the year before! Each time we do things with the boys its so fun to watch how they experience it...I love being a dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like peep and the boys had an amazing time together. Love the pictures. Shawn is getting so big and he has good manners. Landon will be a good big brother, Shawn is already and will be an even better big brother to the new addition. I cant wait til you find out what you are having. I have missed your blogs glad you had written one. We love you all so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. O my gosh- that story about Shawn holding the door for that elderly lady just melts my heart. And the one about Landon having to give the baby a belly pat or kiss. Ugh- it's so cute I can't stand it! Love the pics- I can't believe how BIG Canon looks next to Landon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's amazing how wellmannered and thoughtful your boys are, but it's no surprise because you guys are amazing parents. we had a good time going out to hoss's and it was nice to have all of us out! i love shawn's silliness and landon's sweetness. they're two amazing boys.

    i can't wait for dinner tomorrow and our soon-planned monsters inc date! i love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new blog layout! Too cute! And the pictures, as usual, are wonderful. Thanks again for coming over last week- we had fun! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete