If anything in this world can lift spirits when they need a little lifting it would be the laughter of children.
In a week that just wouldn't quit... I mean, seriously, one thing after another... the last two hours before the boys went to bed were spent in laughter (and LOTS of it.) Shawn was causing Landon to burst out in cheerful chuckles. Landon was causing Shawn hysterical gut busting giggles. In the bathtub tonight I decided to spike their hair in one giant point. Their gazes met and BAM music to my ears. The boys couldn't get over this gigantically tall "thing" erupting from their heads. The splash fest was soon to follow. I didn't care if I was getting wet. The noise, giggles, and "moment" swept away the woes of the past few days. Thank you so much, my little lovies, for being yourselves, always. Thank you for all those little moments that I promise to not take for granted. Thank you for that beautiful music that still echos through the house... even as you sleep.
Yesterday morning we received news from Idaho that Nanny Rawlings had passed away. Please read the post below... I know it in no way gave justice to everything that could be said about this strong & admirable woman. Please keep Jon's family in your thoughts & prayers.
Positive. Positive. Positive. The beams of light in all the rubble (and rubbish!) that the past few days threw... Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep: The Area Coordinator position is actually going (overall) pretty well. Things are getting organized and A LOT of headway is being made. I foresee the next three months of work ahead to be productive, challenging, and rewarding! Time after time, we are thankful for the little things that mean so much. Facebook! The support, thoughts, and prayers were overwhelming! Carol, please be sure to look at everyone who is praying for you guys out there. The love in our lives... wow! In the midst of Jon being sick this week a surprise gesture of caring really brightened his spirits. Kevin comes walking in the door with "breathe right strips." How sweet & thoughtful!?!?! Then last night Kevin and Chris came over to show their support for Jon in this difficult time. That moment meant more to him than anyone will ever know. Chris, you were a shoulder to cry on this week... your motherly caring ways never stop surprising me. And lastly, bookings... the new site (www.ashleyrawlingsphotography.com) is hopping... and spring is already looking good!
In a week that just wouldn't quit... I mean, seriously, one thing after another... the last two hours before the boys went to bed were spent in laughter (and LOTS of it.) Shawn was causing Landon to burst out in cheerful chuckles. Landon was causing Shawn hysterical gut busting giggles. In the bathtub tonight I decided to spike their hair in one giant point. Their gazes met and BAM music to my ears. The boys couldn't get over this gigantically tall "thing" erupting from their heads. The splash fest was soon to follow. I didn't care if I was getting wet. The noise, giggles, and "moment" swept away the woes of the past few days. Thank you so much, my little lovies, for being yourselves, always. Thank you for all those little moments that I promise to not take for granted. Thank you for that beautiful music that still echos through the house... even as you sleep.
Yesterday morning we received news from Idaho that Nanny Rawlings had passed away. Please read the post below... I know it in no way gave justice to everything that could be said about this strong & admirable woman. Please keep Jon's family in your thoughts & prayers.
Positive. Positive. Positive. The beams of light in all the rubble (and rubbish!) that the past few days threw... Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep: The Area Coordinator position is actually going (overall) pretty well. Things are getting organized and A LOT of headway is being made. I foresee the next three months of work ahead to be productive, challenging, and rewarding! Time after time, we are thankful for the little things that mean so much. Facebook! The support, thoughts, and prayers were overwhelming! Carol, please be sure to look at everyone who is praying for you guys out there. The love in our lives... wow! In the midst of Jon being sick this week a surprise gesture of caring really brightened his spirits. Kevin comes walking in the door with "breathe right strips." How sweet & thoughtful!?!?! Then last night Kevin and Chris came over to show their support for Jon in this difficult time. That moment meant more to him than anyone will ever know. Chris, you were a shoulder to cry on this week... your motherly caring ways never stop surprising me. And lastly, bookings... the new site (www.ashleyrawlingsphotography.com) is hopping... and spring is already looking good!

The three most amazing men in my life.





Beautiful pictures Ashley. The boys seem to get bigger and bigger. They are the most wonderful boys. And we are pretty lucky to be part of the lives.
ReplyDeleteWe are so very sorry about Jon's grandmother. Just think and know she isnt in pain anymore. I know that can be hard. I know losing a love one is hard but remember that she loved your guys and isnt in pain anymore. She is with her husband and waiting for when it is every body else time to join them. We love you both very much. And Our prayers are out there for you, jon, and the rest of the family. Lynda
I'm so sorry to hear Nanny passed on- I'll keep you all in my thoughts & prayers (as usual hehe). I'm glad things are going so well otherwise- you guys deserve nothing better than the best.
ReplyDeleteI love the pics of the boys- they are growing up so quickly. Time for more I guess ;-)
aww ashley i'm so sorry. she's in my thoughts, as well as your family too. i know you all will pull through though, because you're the strongest family unit i know. i love you sister.
ReplyDeletep.s. beautiful pictures of the boys.