Friday, September 17, 2010

Almost Fall

Wow, I hate to say this, but it was starting to feel like summer would never end. All that excess of heat was getting to be a little too much! Fall is creeping into the air slowly, and we couldn't be happier. I'm hoping to have a little bit more time to blog for our families and friends that do follow us closely on here now that the busy summer wedding (photography) season is closing.

Some highlights from the past few weeks.


We took a small mini vacation... after the chaos we needed another vacation to recuperate!

We "re-did" the kitchen. This project turned into problem after problem with all that we found. But it was worth it to fix what majorly needed fixing.


Almost done!

Uncle Cody & Aunt Lynda came to help with the kitchen project. They brought along with them a pretty sweet guitar for the boys. It was an instant favorite around here!

Jon & Shawn had a few "build it" projects to complete... it was wonderful seeing them work together... and father teaching his son the tools of the trade.

Aunt Stef has been here for story time a lot this summer. The boys ADORE her!

Shawn had preschool orientation. Mommy bawled that night, and couldn't stop.

Aunt Lizzy & Delilah visited for a fun play date. Jon took them on a wagon ride that 2 out of 3 enjoyed.

Landon is silly and cute as ever ;)

Shawn started preschool. That's just a whole other post.

Shawn made a new friend, Jenna. Aren't they adorable together?

Nan & I took the boys to the zoo. We found that Shawn LOVES cuddly animals. Landon's rather afraid of them... he'd rather the creepy crawlies.

My little red :) This boy's got an arm on him!

Mr. Mischievous.

And the other "son"... Canon. Oh the faces he makes.

One of my favs...
And for those of you who didn't hear from us or on facebook... Shawn and Landon will be welcoming another brother in a few months! Yes, it's a BOY!!! We are thrilled and so excited!! Now, what color hair is this little guy going to have?!?!

5 comments:

  1. With such a crazy summer nearly behind us, it's fun to look back at it all. I can't believe all that we did...at the time it was just focusing and each thing. My boys are growing up so fast! Watching them change just since the beginning of the summer, they just keep amazing me everyday. Can't wait for number 3!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jon's comment. We can not wait for the third bundle of joy comes. I am so glad to see a blog again. Miss you all so much. Your kitchen looks amazing. Shawn and Landon sure are growing up so fast. Love them and you guys bunches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well this has been a long time coming, but definitely worth the wait...the boys are growing up sooo fast, I miss them more each day. We HAVE to skype again, now that the wedding season is dying down...of course I am very excited about this new little boy joining the Rawlings family, WOW I guess history is repeating itself with 3 sons...I love you all so much and miss you just as much...I will be sending a few things out to the boys and you too...a little something from Poppy and GiGi...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed your blog posts- but I guess I can cut you some slack since you've been so busy ;-) Despite the issues that arose with the kitchen it turned out beautifully! Great pics of everyone as usual :-) Love the pic of Landon with the ball- he looks like a natural ball player :-D I can't believe Shawn has started pre-school! I swear it was like he was just born yesterday! And then the 3rd addition on the way- I can't wait to meet that lil guy & watch the boys be big brothers- Shawn all over again and Landon for the first time :-)

    Delilah talks about you & the boys like everyday- she can't wait for another visit & neither can I!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these pictures are great! i'm glad to see fall is here too, because it's a lot more pleasant out now. hope all is well! i miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete