October is past the midpoint, and we've already had a full month. Shawn has been busy with preschool, play dates, and Dr. Seuss books. Landon is enjoying some alone time with Mom & Dad before littlest Rawlings makes his appearance. He's working on curbing that temper some too (the outbursts are getting shorter, and he's not liking the trouble he gets in for them!)
Baby news: everything is still "lookin' good." He's measuring a few days ahead of his due date (another big boy maybe?) After the whole kidney stone after kidney stone fiasco I ended up with bronchitis that has lasted nearly two months now. Inhalers, breathing treatments, and a bad reaction to steroids, and I'm still no better. I can honestly say I'm tired of the doctor's office. I've always had allergy issues, but this year has been an extreme. And having a breathing issue while a baby is pressing up on your lungs... well, it's just miserable. I shouldn't complain, because I know how blessed I am to be carrying another sweet little boy. And in a few weeks this will all be so worth it to meet my brand new son. Thank you for those who have been calling, texting, emailing to see how things are going and checking in with Jon and I. We've been feeling pretty overwhelmed with everything, and just knowing that you are praying for us and thinking of us is such a blessing. A small weight lifted though, Jon's dad and step mom have booked their flight and will be here for two whole weeks when baby is set to come. It is one less thing to think or worry about. Now we just need to worry about all that we need (for baby and the boys new room!)... yikes!
Enjoy the photos below... they'll clue you in to what we've been up to!
Baby news: everything is still "lookin' good." He's measuring a few days ahead of his due date (another big boy maybe?) After the whole kidney stone after kidney stone fiasco I ended up with bronchitis that has lasted nearly two months now. Inhalers, breathing treatments, and a bad reaction to steroids, and I'm still no better. I can honestly say I'm tired of the doctor's office. I've always had allergy issues, but this year has been an extreme. And having a breathing issue while a baby is pressing up on your lungs... well, it's just miserable. I shouldn't complain, because I know how blessed I am to be carrying another sweet little boy. And in a few weeks this will all be so worth it to meet my brand new son. Thank you for those who have been calling, texting, emailing to see how things are going and checking in with Jon and I. We've been feeling pretty overwhelmed with everything, and just knowing that you are praying for us and thinking of us is such a blessing. A small weight lifted though, Jon's dad and step mom have booked their flight and will be here for two whole weeks when baby is set to come. It is one less thing to think or worry about. Now we just need to worry about all that we need (for baby and the boys new room!)... yikes!
Enjoy the photos below... they'll clue you in to what we've been up to!

Nan & Peep's weekly visits are greatly looked forward to. Nothing can replace pics of them with their great-grandchildren.
Shawn will be starting a riding program tomorrow! This will be so good for him to have an activity for him, and after baby is born, something for him and I to do together. He's his mother's son ;)

Relaxing. If you know my grandfather, you'll know he's not a dog person. For some reason or another, Canon and him have taken to each other. And for those who know Canon, he's not too crazy about men.

Landon has been blowing us away with his drawing abilities. This kid can make some seriously neat faces!

My friend Kendra had her baby in September. Landon meeting Miss Avery. I can not wait to see him with his baby brother! Talk about photo opps!
Shawn's preschool had a fall festival with pony rides and a petting zoo.
Landon surprised Nan and I by spending a few moments with the pigs. No other animals, just pigs.

Family photo time.
Shawn will lift up his shirt and go "Mom, do you feel the baby moving? He's kicking!"
I'm wondering if the "baby in his belly" will go away when his baby brother is born?

Uncle Cody & Aunt Lynda came up for the weekend last weekend. We won't see them until December, so we celebrated Cody's birthday a little early. Here we are sitting down to my homemade chicken and waffles (Cody's fav.) Yum!
Another important reason for their visit: Jon and I took our membership vows and were baptized last Sunday. It was a special occasion for our family, and we are so happy to have become a part of such an amazing church. We look forward to getting involved and watching our children grow and learn there. Thank you Cody and Lynda for being there!

Pumpkin carving night. Father & Son. I got the boys these really cute potato head pumpkin decorations. They were perfect for their age.
Little guy wasn't feeling too well today (neither is Daddy)... so this is what's making Landon feel better.
Tonight at Shawn's friend Jett's birthday party.
A new found love... Ping Pong!
My friend Dawn cracking up at Shawn's "mad skills."
































Love the blog. I have missed them so much. It was so good to see you all. I loved the fact that we got Cody into church. He says he will go to church with me for the Christmas Eve service and we will go from there. Maybe he will start to go with me soon. I have a good feeling about it. I love the fall pictures We are so happy to be having a new nephew in only a few months away. We are blessed to have two wonderful nephews now it will be an even more blessing to have a third. Shawn is such a mommy's boy and no one can say other wise. Can't wait to meet Bob and Carol when they come. Cant wait for our visit in December. That will be great to have three days with Jon. Cody loved his favorite dinner from his favorite sister-in-law. He loves how you make it. We sure do miss you all so much. Hope you feel better soon.
ReplyDeleteWe have been so busy the last few months, its nice to look back at it all. The pictures are so fantastic! Every little funny thing is captured and I love them all.
ReplyDeleteCan't believe we have another equestrian in the house. Shawn loves horses and he's a real natural up there! Can't wait to see if landon takes to sports... he seems to have a knack for throwing.
Wonderful blog Ashley, hope you get time for more now that the weddings are nearly done. Love You!!
I just love looking at the pics of the boys- they surely bring a smile to my face! I really hope you start feeling better soon- If I was going through what you're going through you can bet I'd throw some complaining in there too. You've been dealing with soo much! So it's warranted :-) I can't wait to see how Landon is with the new lil addition- what an adorable pic of him & baby Avery :-D
ReplyDeleteI can't even say how much i miss you guys. i feel like i'm missing out on a lot recently due to our hefty schedules! <3
ReplyDeleteslash I LOVE THE FALL PICS! i really want the one on the end! you're amazing, as always!
i love you guys so much!