I started this blog a few days ago and just haven't found the time to finish it. I have two more shooting weeks before my "maternity leave." After Thanksgiving Jon and I are really going to get moving on preparing for baby. You would think we'd be "set" from having two little ones in the past 5 years, but it's amazing how much we really need to prepare! Jon has a vacation next month, so we're planning on utilizing that time wisely.
Two funny tidbits from the past few days (I wrote these a few days ago):
Apparently there is a witch in our attic. She is going to lock the toilets so Shawn can't pee. Then she will turn the radiator into an alligator that will take off his foot. All of this is going to happen if we do not "switch houses" because this house is old and has an attic. Hmm? I'm learning a lot from the four year old.
Landon is getting picky. Real picky. Tonight he didn't want the water in his sippy cup. It had to be "new water" (as he said) out of a cup. He took a sip. Then decided he wanted the "older water" out of his sippy. It almost reminded of that little girl from the movie "Signs" who had the "water issue." What in the world is going on at the Rawlings' house?!?!
I'll let the photos do the rest of the talking!
Two funny tidbits from the past few days (I wrote these a few days ago):
Apparently there is a witch in our attic. She is going to lock the toilets so Shawn can't pee. Then she will turn the radiator into an alligator that will take off his foot. All of this is going to happen if we do not "switch houses" because this house is old and has an attic. Hmm? I'm learning a lot from the four year old.
Landon is getting picky. Real picky. Tonight he didn't want the water in his sippy cup. It had to be "new water" (as he said) out of a cup. He took a sip. Then decided he wanted the "older water" out of his sippy. It almost reminded of that little girl from the movie "Signs" who had the "water issue." What in the world is going on at the Rawlings' house?!?!
I'll let the photos do the rest of the talking!

Meme came for a visit and brought this lovely tent and bag of balls.
FYI: we haven't stopped picking up those balls since!

Shawn's 1st day on the farm! Our little cowboy is starting a fun new adventure... helping out on a farm. He's going to be working with a pony named Choo Choo... brushing him down, taking care of him, and yes riding too! This is a wonderful opportunity for mother/son time... both doing something we love!

Lindsey and her tribe came over for a play date and some cookie making fun. Unfortunately the cookies ended up being some of the most awful cookies we've ever tasted! But we had fun just the same ;)

Today we celebrated Nanny's birthday! The boys spent the day entertaining her with stories, babies, and more! Happiest of Birthday's to Nan... one amazing woman with a heart of gold. We love you so much!

Nan found this old (from the 80's) cabbage patch doll that was mine when I was very little. "Tommy" was one of my absolute favorite dolls (I think I was always destined for boys... I even loved the boy babies then!) Nan and I gave this treasure to Landon tonight since he is such a baby obsessed kid. It's tucked under his arm right now in his crib ;)
The Giving Tree
Daddy Time
The "I love you Mom. I love you Dad." Game: By Shawn.




















Wow...alot happened in the past month!!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe how much my boys grow and change...I know i always say it but i just can't! They are so much fun! Can't wait for number 3! I'm really excited about Shawns new hobby...the farm. Landons pickiness just adds to the Red Fury. Love the new haircuts...although i have'nt seen them in person yet. Excellent pics and videos Ashley!!! I love this blog!
Jon is right a lot has happened the past month. So glad to see a blog again. I should updated mine too. They are getting so big. Miss you all so much. Can't wait til the third nephew comes. Love the new hair cuts. Uncle Cody got one too today but not liking it. Cant wait to see you all next month. it cant come fast enough
ReplyDeleteWhat great pics and videos. Delilah loved sitting with me listening to the video of Shawn reading. The boys look so handsome with their haircuts :-) I can't wait to meet the newest addition of the Rawlings Family- I know Landon will be an amazing big brother just like Shawn!
ReplyDeleteA new blog, finally! ;-) The pics are great, as usual. Can you please email me the ones from our respective playdates?
ReplyDeleteThose cookies were awful, lol. But we did have fun! XOXO
Oh, and the new haircuts are adorable!
There's so much to comment on this blog! i don't even know where to begin!!
ReplyDeleteFirst of all, I think it's adorable Landon's become picky. Looks like he's going to follow after his mother...although I never pictured him the picky type.
Also, I had A BLAST trick or treating with you guys. I feel lucky to have gone, it was a great night. I love sharing holidays with you guys!
Can i just say that tent looks like a blast?? What an ingenious idea!!
The fall pictures on the doorstep are adorable, i love them. and I love the new baby that landon is lugging around. he's definitely more lifesized.
What an adorable game he's made up! that kid sure is innovative! and I love the Giving Tree so much! i'm so glad he loves reading. I'm definitely going to have fun with this when he's older.
I love and miss you guys so much! i hate being so busy with school right now. I feel like i'm missing out on some good times! They're also getting so big and the third one's almost here! AHHH i need to spoil them! it's been so long!
I love you!! <3