Friday, December 3, 2010

A Christmas Story... a tad early.

The holidays are here! What does this mean? Countdown to baby is getting shorter and shorter! Yes, I used the holidays as a basis for "maybe time will fly by from this point on." Is it working? Eh, not so much. But it was a good thought, right?

I survived cooking Thanksgiving dinner (while being sick to boot) for our family, my grandparents, and brother. Nan brought the turkey, I supplied the fixings. The meal really did turn out great! It was a beautiful day to give thanks to all of the blessings in our lives... and we certainly have so much to be thankful for!

Turkey Time.

Post Dinner Wii Races.

Aunt Stef visits for Thanksgiving.

Black Friday play date at a fire station! The boys had a blast!!

Landon was wide-eyed the entire time. This was SO his thing!

Every year we put up the tree the day after Thanksgiving... and every year it seems to be more fun than the last. This year Landon was our "expert ornament hanger." He would have decorated the entire tree if he could have!


Shawn working with Choo Choo. Tonight he read one of his favorite stories to his horse buddy... "The Giving Tree." I don't know how many times he gave Choo Choo a hug and said how much he loves him. Just as we were ready to leave tonight Shawn pulled an "A Christmas Story" move... yes, my child stuck his tongue out and put it on a pole. My jaw was on the ground! Thankfully it wasn't cold enough out and it didn't get stuck, but oh my gosh... I still can't get the image out of my head!

Shawn & Mommy.

No one believes this kid has a temper. We don't call him "The Rage Fury" for nothing ;)

I just love how interested Landon is in his baby brother. He is all snuggles and love for the "baby belly."

I was asked yesterday "How does the baby get out of your belly?"
Ok, simple versions didn't cut it. He kept asking and asking... and asking!
The "Mommy goes to the hospital and has a baby" deal didn't work.
The "God wanted to give us another baby" story didn't work.
What an interesting conversation!

Kicking off Christmas...

Until next time... have a wonderful December!

3 comments:

  1. I love this blog! Seeing again all that has happened brings back the best memories. I love that Shawn is working with horses. Landons personality is really taking shape. Ashley, hang in there...only a month to go! This pregnacy has easily been the hardest on her, but with the boys able to understand, its been fun. Hopefully christmas goes fast for her and slow for the rest of us! Great pictures and as always love the captions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing the blogs. I get to see what happens while we aren't there. We cant wait to see you all in 6 more days. We are so excited it has been way too long. Love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did I miss these?! LoL Love the pics :-)

    ReplyDelete