Sunday, January 16, 2011

Alone. Just the five of us.

I need to start out this blog by saying that 11 years ago yesterday Jon and I were 16 years old... in a short story/poetry class in high school... and decided that we wanted to be a couple. 11 years ago we started out having no idea that in the future we'd be married with three beautiful sons. What a wonderful 11 years it's been!

On the 18th Liam celebrated his 1st month. What a scary and joyous month it has been. We're so happy you joined our family little guy. We all love you so very much!

Yesterday Liam gave his Mommy his first social smile. Not one of those "gassy, half awake half asleep smiles"... a REAL "I recognize you Mama" smile! After three children all of those firsts are still so exciting. The past few days Liam has really been studying our faces. He arches his eye brows and just stares in wonder.

This week has been our first week alone as a family of five. All of our help and company (Jon's dad and stepmom, brother, and sister in law) have all gone home. We are so grateful for all of the help we had during Liam's first month. But it is nice to be back into a routine again. The first night we were alone, just the 5 of us, Jon and I sat on the couch with the boys and just sighed... ahhhh. It was a nice feeling just relaxing with our sons.

Going from two to three children really has been a lot easier than it was going from one to two. Keeping up with the house work isn't nearly as bad as I thought either. If I do one to two loads of laundry a day, that keeps it from piling up. Instead of cleaning everything at once like I normally do, breaking it down seems to be the best route to go.

Shawn & Landon have adjusted better than we could have ever dreamed. They adore their little brother and offer their help quite frequently. At bedtime I think the boys have found that using Liam as a bargaining chip gets them more awake time. It's "Just one more hug. Just one more kiss for Liam!!" Back and forth they go wanting more and more snuggles for him.


1st tummy time.

Heart warming.

He loves to sprawl out to sleep.

Fun in the snow.

A watering can? In winter? Hmmm...

Weeeeee!

Head first!

Daddy's big boys!

Sled ride.

Shawn, Grama, Liam, Pops, and Landon.

So blessed...

The Rawlings Boys

Holding Liam by himself.

It's kisses all day long for babe.

One proud Papa!

Big yawn.

Snuggle-bug.

He's such a great baby! I never thought I would have a non-colicky newborn!

L-O-V-E

1st outing... Target & Longhorn steak house with Mom and Grama Carol.

MeMe & Pappy visit.

Pops holding you before leaving for Idaho.

Liam Robert & Robert James

Shawn insisted on a "photo shoot" of him and Liam.

Those cheeks get chubbier everyday!

Sweetheart <3

The biggest & littlest brother.

Uncle Cody & Aunt Lynda meeting Liam.

Wide eyes.

Proud Uncle!

The boys fought over who would hold Liam first.

Shawn holding Liam for the first time on his own.

Adorable outfit from my friend Lauri.

Snuggle time with Nanny.

Kisses for Aunt Tearsa.

Hambone.

Game night with Aunt Tearsa and Bailey.

Proud Auntie :)

Meeting Bailey for the first time.

What an amazing father... our boys are so blessed to have you Jon.

3 comments:

  1. These pictures are so wonderful!!! I know i'm biased but these boys are really cute. I love having 3 boys!
    The past month was crazy but so much fun. With each child it gets easier to get back into a routine. Ashley and I are working together almost to the point where nothing needs to be said, we just know what to do.
    Excellent blog as usual, great job Ashley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations you two on your newest addition- he is so beautiful. I can't believe how big he's gotten! Hopefully I'll get to hold the lil guy sometime soon ;-) Love the pics as always :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on 11 years. We love you both so much. We love all 5 of you even more. Liam is getting so big. He sure did give me baby fever. LOL. But only when the time is right for Cody and me. He is so cute. And the pictures are amazing. Shawn and Landon sure do love their baby brother. Miss you all so very much

    ReplyDelete