Thursday, March 18, 2010

Helping Hands

It was simply gorgeous out today! Shawn, Landon, Nan, and I spent a large portion of it outdoors working and (of course) playing. There was much yard work to be done (like over 2 hours worth) that I wanted to get caught up on before tomorrow (Jon's day off), so that when its time to go outside he has all the time in the world to relax and enjoy his boys. Tomorrow's forecast is looking just perfect! The other day when Shawn and I were heading out to the van he ask me: "Mom, is it spring now?" He was just as ready for this as the rest of us. (*side note* I know, I know... Don't get too caught up... The winter weather could rear its ugly head before completely giving way to spring.)

On Manhood: Landon no longer finds diapers useful at bed/nap time. In the crib he goes, and off they go. This afternoon he realized that sometime he just might need to pee after waking up from a nap. The solution: Pee through the slots of the crib onto the floor. Wood flooring is MUCH less messy than bedsheets. What a thoughtful little guy! My baby's working his way to manhood!

Cookout with our namily.
1st the first time... like ever... Landon didn't seem to want to eat.
Solution: Nampaw Meiser's plate!

The past two days has been "spring cleaning central" at the house of Rawlings. Not so much scrubbing everything down yet, but organizing dressers and closets and doing mountains of laundry (short sleeves and shorts!) The complete scrub down will start in the next week or two. I can hear Jon saying the "Monica" (Friends) is coming out in me (not that she ever really leaves.) Its not THAAAAT weird that I am completely and utterly stoked to scrub down the house, room by room, inside and out... for a fresh sparkly new clean! It's like my own personal happy place :)

Ahhh... fresh air.

Mommy's Little Helper.

His favorite word: Ball!

My other little helper. Filling in the hole where the pond used to be.

"Whats next?"

I debated keeping this photo when deleting through over half of what was taken. But when I came to it I stopped and smiled. Then Shawn peered over at the screen and said "I like that picture." Kevin at the grill. Chris and Hailey out playing. Canon and Toby chasing each other through the fence. It's warming.

They should both sleep good tonight ;)

Little guy in a big truck!

Miniature Golfers.

Nan makes that face! Ahhhhhh!
(Jon is so going to laugh when he sees this because, yea, I make it too. Genes!)

Cleaning up. Such good little helpers.

Everyday I love more and more the distance apart (in age) that these two are. It might have been tough at first, but watching them grow, and becoming friends (Shawn is actually asking Landon "What should I do here!") its so rewarding.


That dog toy stood the test of time. It was one of Canon's first puppy toys, and its still around!

These shoes were made for walking...
and running...
and jumping...
and digging...

Gettin' good and dirty!

A little insight to this picture:
Shawn was yelling down off the porch to Landon about his tools and which one to use for certain things. Landon, well, Shawn let me know what he said.

Everyone knows Shawn doesn't stop. He's going full speed ahead (at the mouth) all day, everyday. No freakin' clue where he got that! ;)
Every now and then we tell him something, or he hears something that puzzles him.
Shawn's remark: "I just don't know what to say about that."
Huh?! That's a first!

It's been too long... some videos!

Canon has found a new way to amuse himself. Playing "keep away" with Shawn. Shawn is less than amused.


First: Landon is basically telling Canon he doesn't want "the puppy to have the ball."
Second: Landon toots. More than once. Love it!


Landon doing the "high step" and playing fetch with Canon.
Shawn bringing me an ant, between his fingers, then wanting to put it back. The ant never made it back. Oops!
And at the end: Landon narrowly escaping vicious Canon's attack. Landon's reaction cracks me!

3 comments:

  1. I sure wish I could have been there with you all today, what a great time those boys were having. I couldn't really tell what Landon was trying to say, but I'm sure it made perfect sense to him. I am really looking forward to spending time with all of you in June, and watching those two play. Its great to see what good buddies they are. Love you all and miss you too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg those videos were great. Shawn and Landon are becoming so close because they have a great insight to seeing how brothers should be from their Uncle Cody and Daddy. WE miss you all so very much and are greatful to begin able to be part of their lifes the last almost two years. We have a great bound with you all so much. Wish we could have been there from day one but we are sure making up for it when we come around. Ashley i cant wait for summer and our dip in the pool. More memories to share with you all. Give the boys a big hug from Uncle Cody and Aunt Lynda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I love this blog! Those videos are so funny! Great pics, especially the one with Shawn and Landon facing each other. Thank you for helping clean the yard, I appreciate it! I'm sad that i miss so much, but i know they are having alot of fun with Mommy!

    ReplyDelete