Monday, March 29, 2010

The Main Attraction

Oh the news to share! For starters, our eldest is working on a set of books called the "Bob books." We were introduced to this series by none other than my very own best friend, Lindsey. Her children learned to read on them and she swears by this series. After like two days, I can see why! Shawn read the first two books (when he actually would sit down and concentrate) and is on his way to the 3rd already! Our big boy! Mommy & Daddy are SOOOO proud of you!

In Easter news: the bunny... went over swimmingly with Shawn. He talked the poor rabbit's ears off! Landon the other hand didn't take so well to the over sized bunny. He'd look at him from a distance, but wouldn't dare allow us to place him on his lap. So, our Easter bunny picture was of Shawn only.

Today Nan and Peeps came down to watch Landon for a few hours so Jon and I could take Shawn on an outing just for him. I really think after winter, and sharing every thing with his little brother, he needed this time for just him. We went for lunch, then to the mall to walk around for a while (scoping out all the cool landscaping and paying another visit to E. Bunny.) Afterwards we headed on over to the "main attraction"... Shawn's 1st movie!!! The new Dragon movie (in 3d!) Lets say that our son exceeded both of our expectations with how well he handled be confined to a seat for nearly 2 hours. He was squirmy at times, but stayed pretty quiet and was occupied by a slushie, candy, and popcorn. Let me just say, the movie was AWESOME! Shawn even cried tonight and said he needed to go back to the movies to learn how to train his dragon! He searched hi and low for his movie themed shirt I got him, only to learn that I was in the laundry basket ready to be washed. For his over-all outstanding behavior, Shawn certainly earned himself into another movie sometime in the near future.

On the Landon-front... words, words, words aplenty! Every day it is something new and that voice of his is so stinkin' cute! Its so small and sweet! Nan & Peeps will be coming down soon to watch Shawn for a few hours so we can take Little Guy somewhere special just for him.


Proud Reader.

Mini Me: Easter Bunny Day.

Mall Happenings.

Little Guy :)


Dinner (well, lunch) & a movie.

Right before the show!

A special thank you to my dear sweet bestie, Lindsey, for these cute-as-can-be PJ's!
Landon sends tons of XOXO'S Auntie Lindsey's way!

These really are some of the coolest monkey pj's ever! And those colors, perfect on Lil Red.

Post-Bath Peek-a-boo.

Family.

On a professional note: a few new products to share: Mini Accordion Albums & Layflat books. The mini albums are perfect bragging size. Click here to read more http://arawphotog.blogspot.com.


A few videos for your viewing pleasure:




4 comments:

  1. LOVE the videos, Shawn's singing is precious, and Landon laughing at the table is adorable. All 3 of you in your 3D glasses is so cute, it looks like you had a wonderful day together. Thank you once again for this blog, it is one of the best yet! Love you guys, Poppy and GiGi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shawn starting to read, Landon starting to talk and a trip to the movies...The past week has been crazy. but we're used to it : ) Love the pictures as usual, videos are hilarious. The Easter bunny was just as terrifying to Shawn at Landon's age. The movie was an adventure, i don't think Shawn knew what to expect, but he did good. Excellent blog Ashley! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. My. Gosh. I was waiting until I could watch the videos before I commented on this most adorable post. I'm so glad I did. The one of the boys laughing was precious, and Shawn's Veggie Tales song was awesome! *sniff, sniff* They are growing up SO fast! I'm glad you guys had fun at Shawn's first movie. And I was super proud to see my little buddy in his new jammies. Love you guys SO much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was great! I'm so glad Shawn enjoyed the movie.. hopefully there's more to come!

    I especially loved the videos, these boys are HILARIOUS! and i love the shout out to me, thanks Shawn!! <3

    I can't wait to spend the weekend with you! I love you!

    ReplyDelete