Friday, May 21, 2010

Great Expectations

Shawn and Landon are very excited about something coming up at the turn of the new year, 2011. In January, with God's grace, they will be welcoming a new baby sibling into the family!!

Yes, we're expecting baby #3!!!!

Ah the story! Well, we found out a few days before Mother's Day. I was with Stef at Walmart and happened by the pregnancy test aisle. I had no intentions of getting a test, as I didn't think I was pregnant. We haven't been preventing since about January, but we really haven't been actively trying either. Actually, this month we were planning on starting to try. Something told me "Wow, what a cool Mother's Day present that would be!" So foolishly, I got a test. I took one there in the restroom while Stef was watching the kiddos and it came up with an error. So I really thought, "Why did I do this? I know I'm not! I mean, I really thought I wasn't based on how my cycle fell." So I called Lindsey on the way home and told her what was going on. She encouraged me to take the other test at home. When that screen popped up pregnant I was in shock!!! I mean, I cried, I was shaking... I was like "Oh my gosh, we didn't even try!!!!" What a wonderful Mother's Day present!

The day before Mom's Day I had a few complications so to speak and had to call up to the on call doctor. I was put on rest until my appointment. Thankfully everything stopped and things were ok.

This little bean is giving me a run already. As soon as the stick turned blue with the boys I was sick. I mean, on my death bed sick. Well, I thought I was escaping that with this one. Wrong! The other day it hit me like a hammer! My midwife put me on two forms of anti-nausea medicine already because I lost 5lbs in a week. This pregnancy so far has left me bawling a lot! I never was too emotional with the boys, more just mad at the world for being sick LOL. She did an ultrasound today and we got to see the heartbeat! When I took the picture home for the boys to see it they were thrilled! Landon couldn't believe THAT was a baby! haha! Shawn asked if there was a baby rabbit in there! He was so excited though and asked when the baby would be here. This was such an awesome thing to share this with them.

Jon and I are both very excited. Usually we do not share the news publicly until later in the pregnancy. Basically, it is in the hands of God and what happens is meant to be. I pray and hope for another healthy baby and that this pregnancy ends with such results as the two amazing little guys we have now.

4 comments:

  1. this is so wonderful. we can not wait to have another nephew or have a niece.we will pray that everything goes well and he or she is healthy. congrats to the both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I'm ready for the baby stage again, but i know I'm excited about another baby! This was our surprise baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am so excited for you guys! gotta love surprises haha! i can't wait to have another niece or nephew around. <3 i love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this wonderful addition to our famiy, we look forward to loving this new baby as much as we love Shawn and Landon.

    ReplyDelete