Monday, May 17, 2010

Oh no, the hair!

Yesterday marked a day in "Landon History" that I dreaded and still wish never had to come. He had his 1st official hair cut. Now, this hair cut was NOT planned... all we really wanted was the front cut a little so his hair was out of his eyes. Jon and I love our little boy's "Rock Star" hair 'do. In comes Barber Peeps and the 'do is a wee bit shorter than we hoped.

Landon, keeping in true tradition of being completely opposite of his brother, did wonderfully! He sat still. He let Peep's use the clippers. He was wonderful!

Shawn's turn comes and Peep's pretty much threw his hands up saying "Go to your beautician if you do better for her!" Shawn just isn't a fan of the barber shop and more often than not decides that listening to Peep's is not required while at his place of employment.

Today was Jon's last day off for the next 10 days due to "the bake." We decided to celebrate my birthday early since he has to work on Thursday. Off to Olive Garden we did go! We had a really nice family lunch and then headed down to Toys R Us with the kiddos. Shawn picked out a Crayola Ocean drawing kit. Landon picked a farm set complete with horse, donkey, pig, cow, and sheep. It is really cute! We then headed to A.C. Moore to look for some crafts for the boys to do. We found a few Veggie Tales books for Shawn and a book on farm animals called "Red Tractor" that Landon really wanted. Jon had me go off on my own so he and the boys could do their own "secret shopping." Hmmm....

I was looking at the date and I can't believe its near the end of May! Jon's parents (both sets) will soon be here! The South Carolina set will be here on the 28th to stay until June 8th, then the Idaho set will be here June 8-12. Shawn & Landon are so excited for Gigi, Poppy, Pops, and Grama Carol to come stay at their house! I feel like a bit of a slacker having practically nothing for the birthday party on the 6th ready! Cakes need ordered, decorations and whatnot need purchased. The boys are both extremely obsessed with Veggie Tales, so it seemed fitting to have their party surrounding that theme. The the 1st time we'll hold the even at our home instead of the park. We're going to attempt to have a smaller party this year, just close family and friends and have a cook out! The boys have a HUGE (and I mean HUUUUGE) surprise coming, and hopefully it will be all ready for the party for everyone to enjoy.

Well, I must tidy up a bit. Kendra is coming over for a movie night here... "Sorority Row" is the flick of the evening. Neither of our hubbies like horror movies, so we agreed that was perfect so we can enjoy it together.


Coloring with Nan.

Pre-Hair cut.

Post-Haircut. Look at that happy little camper.

Now he must mess it up.

Peeps is one awesome barber!

After Shawn's haircut attempt.

Cheeesin' it.

Handsome Blueeyed Babe.... with very messy hair. He rubbed pizza in it!

5 comments:

  1. I love Landon's hair cut. Shawn and Landon are getting so big. Your pictures are amazing. Give the boys big hugs and kisses for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea it was a fun day. It's good to just have fun once in a while. Not looking forward to the coming 2 weeks...but at the end, i'll have time with lotsa family. Happy early birthday Ashley!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The boys always look ridiculously cute, even with haircuts. good to know landon's so good with them!

    hope you enjoyed time up in williamsport, it's a good time! i love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya know that with or without haircuts they are adorable, but now that Landon has had his hair cut, he looks so much older. I can't beloeve they will be 2 and 4 soon... I am getting so excited to come, 10 more days and then I can watch those two at play. Have a very happy birthday Ashley, hugs and kisses to all of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Landon looks so grown up with his new hair do. He looks a lot more like Shawn, too, I think. Cute!

    I've been wanting to see Sorority Row, but Adam doesn't like those kinds of movie, either.

    ReplyDelete