Sunday, May 2, 2010

Every rose has a thorn.

Shawn, dear sweet nonstop talking, full of love, Shawn. Tonight Shawn gave me a "first" that I'd rather he didn't. Yet, behind closed doors, I did laugh. How could you not? He was sitting at the edge of his bed holding Linny & Tuck (two of the Wonderpets stuffed animals.) He whispers to them (loud enough that I could hear) "We'll wait until mom leaves then we'll jump!" Stinker, stinker, stinker! I am forever telling him NOT to jump off of his bed. He's hurt himself before pulling this stunt, and I'd like to see him escape injury from such a maneuver. As soon as he said it I startled him with a "Shawn!" The look on his face was enough. He closed his eyes. Refused to look at me. You could see the shame... maybe not for what he said... but for getting caught! "Oh noooo" he says. "Oh no is right Mr! You do not do things behind Mommy's back!" We had quite the talk about this.

Three words people. And... it... starts.

For everyone asking... the boys are doing much better. Shawn still has a nasty cough that's been lingering for about a month. Landon keeps getting better everyday (and doing wonderfully with his meds.) No hives breakouts for a few days for big guy. Thanks to all for your thoughts and prayers. It was a rough couple days.


Shawn mimicking Canon's every move.

Hailey, Cory, & Shawn
Friday was the funeral for Chris's mom. Afterward, the family held a get-together at their house. What a wonderful way to celebrate the life of someone special to them. Friends and family gathered from various states. One distraction that was provided as a source of entertainment was three pooches running wild in our yard. Since our yard is fenced we had Canon, Ophie (Malcolm & Erin's dog), and Toby all playing follow the leader. This was beyond amusing!

Nampaw supervising Shawn at the wheel.

As Kevin says, how we do things in PA.

I love this photo. Justin offered a game of catch to little Landon. Look at the expression on my little Red's face. He's proud as a peacock!

Another 1st from Shawn: a splinter! Daddy to the rescue... and he did a wonderful job. Shawn made one face (this one), but no tears! Good job you two!

Nampaw's boys.

Ready to eat.

The moment Landon & Hailey saw each other (after Haily came outside).
It's love at first sight every time.

Reading the 2nd set of Bob books to Gram.

Chatting with Nampaw.

Best Buds: Toby & Canon.

Miss Hailey fell asleep in her Grandma's arms.

It was warm and sticky today! The boys wanted to be out enjoying it.

Landon, you've got your Mama's hair. Humidity = frizz and curls.
Shawn, good thing you've got Daddy's thick locks.

The curls do look pretty cute though :)

Shawn stopping to notice a caterpillar he almost hit with his truck.

The boys volunteered to help water flowers tonight.
Thoughtful little guys.

Fillin' up.

Runnin' to Ma.

This absolutely made my day. Landon pulls a "flower" and proudly runs it over to me yelling "Ma! Ma! Ma!" He was so excited to give it to me. *sniff sniff* My little sweetheart!

This photo just had to be included. Canon is forever stealing Shawn's toys and running around the yard teasing him mercilessly. Shawn got it back this time. Look at that face... he's like "Ah ha! I'm outta here!"


And back for one more refill before bath time.
Thanks boys for a great and pretty relaxing evening after a hectic day... and week. It's going to be a jam packed week this week too, as people are filling in all of those last minute pre-Mom's days spots. Keep checking the photog blog for updates on this weeks families, seniors, and kiddos.


Perfect example of Canon in action.


Ohhh boy!

5 comments:

  1. This blog makes my day! I love coming home and reading about what my boys and Wife do in a day!
    Excellent pics and love the videos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy that last video reminded of Jon playing in the water...I really do think that a playset out back there will be exactly what those 2 need, it certainly will give them tons of fun... Gosh every time I see one of your videos, I get so excited to see them...and I just can not believe that they are my grandsons...so lucky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm always astounded by the kind, kind hearts these boys have. Like with Shawn and the caterpillar and Landon with the flower. How stinkin' adorable are these kids? I mean of course they have their moments, but altogether, these are genuinely good boys. Ashley and Jon, you should be so proud of yourselves for the amazing parenting skills you have.

    I love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad they are feeling better. They are amazing boys. The videos were funny and cute. Great pictures Ashley. We cant wait to see them. Not sure when that will be because he still hasnt started the job yet. We love you all and miss you all tons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, this is the age that it starts. It's so hard to not let them see you laugh when they are being sneaky! You have a couple of very sweet boys!

    Love the new blog layout, by the way!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete