Let me start this post out by saying there is one thing that Shawn has found to play/hear over and over and over again that I actually do not mind. Actually, I rather look forward to hopping in the van and hearing "Mom, can we listen to Worship??" The Veggie Tales "Here I am to Worship" CD is awesome! Vegetables. Singing. Worship music. Seriously? Picture Junior Asparagus singing "I can only imagine" in that adorable little squeaky voice. Truthfully, this disk has made me cry (on more than one occasion.) Yet above all of this, hearing my three year old softly singing these beautiful songs, and peeking into the rear view mirror to see the cute little grin on his face... ahhh it's just picture perfect. Oh, and then when we are walking through the stores Shawn will belt out in song "I am a friend of God. He calls me friend." Little Landon even gets his cutie patootie grove on! One of these fine days I'm gonna need to get me a video of this cuteness!
And after asking Shawn what he would like (giving a few options) we've decided on a Veggie Tales birthday party this year. I know it's a tad early (well, maybe not really, it's only like a month and a half away!!!) But we have family coming in from various corners of the country, so a' planning we will go. It is so much fun thinking of all the cute things for the kiddos to do in the spirit of Veggie Tales. Oh and the food to make for the cookout. Ahhh, I really can't wait to throw this party and have our friends and family here for a great celebration.
And after asking Shawn what he would like (giving a few options) we've decided on a Veggie Tales birthday party this year. I know it's a tad early (well, maybe not really, it's only like a month and a half away!!!) But we have family coming in from various corners of the country, so a' planning we will go. It is so much fun thinking of all the cute things for the kiddos to do in the spirit of Veggie Tales. Oh and the food to make for the cookout. Ahhh, I really can't wait to throw this party and have our friends and family here for a great celebration.

"Uncle" Shane & "Aunt" Carissa stopped by for a quick visit yesterday. Yes guys, welcome to the adopted family of Aunts and Uncles. Shawn has knighted you in :) I thought to myself, there are no pics of the kiddos with them since last summer! Of course Carissa was laughing her head off with me and the camera, capturing them watching TV and listening to Shawn read.

Shane & Jon are BFF's. Ok, ok, seriously, they are best friends. Funny, and all "Ugh, cars. We're men. More cars. Dirt. Ugh. Manly Men." I am so not making fun. I love Shane (in a you are my husband's closest friend and I appreciate that.) I also love that Shawn loves Shane. Shawn appreciates all that "manly men rahhh" stuff too. See what I have to look forward to, with two boys. And boy oh boy do I look forward to every "manly" minute!

After their visit we took a drive to scope out new photo shoot locations. Spring sprang and so did the sessions, so I am in search of some more secretly wonderful places! Along the way I spotted something pretty. Well, pretty to me. So while Jon at the wheel, I grabbed my good ol' zoom... and love this this (just a little.)

After promising Shawn he could run around in one of my fields that I shoot in, we finally stopped to let the kiddos stretch their legs. Daddy caught a baby killdeer and Shawn was very interested.















Getting to spend the time with my boys is so much fun. We are doing more and more as the boys get older....I really get to do Manly Daddy/son stuff more now than last spring. I also am so happy that my boys have so many people in their lives...it'll make them richer in character!!
ReplyDeleteThey are pretty special little boys, I enjoy watching you spend time with your sons, Jon, it makes my heart very happy..:-), I love the blog, it keeps you all so much closer to us. As you said Ashley, it is only a month away, and we can't wait to see you all. Love and Hugs Poppy and GiGi
ReplyDeleteWhat wonderful pictures. The boys are getting bigger. We miss you all so much. The boys looked like they enjoyed their MeMe and Pappy time very much.
ReplyDeleteWhat great pictures (of course) <3 I love the one with the dandelion, those are always great shots to snatch. these boys are growing more and more everyday, how terrifying and beautiful <3
ReplyDelete