Wow, almost a week since my last post. I'm slipping! Trust me, it isn't for lack of things to write about.
Christmas Countdown:
The days are winding down until the Rawlings family tree and home decorating fun begin. Six days to be exact. Black Friday is going to be nutso... VERY early morning shopping with Lindsey, New Moon (round number 2 for me and Liz) with Liz & John, and then home to trim the tree with the loving husband and kiddos.
Shawnisms:
The phrases that come out of this kids mouth! Amusing. Loving. Sometimes embarrassing! Some of the latest:
*Me: "Landon, come here stinky butt."
Shawn: "No, he's not stinky butt. I'm stinky butt."
*Shawn: "Mommy, I love you for all ever."
*Shawn to strange guy at Target: "Hey, I love you! Wait, wait, wait. Be careful."
*Me: "Shawn, why are your socks on the floor?"
Shawn: "Because I have stinky feet."
*Shawn at night after I tucked him in: "Mom, wait wait wait. Be careful. Don't fall."
*CRASH! Shawn: "Oops, that wasn't supposed to happen!"
*After pooping on the potty: "Look! He's happy! I fed him poop! Yum yum gobble gobble."
On the Landon front:
Two words. Button Digger. Yes, he is still belly button (and thumb sucking) obsessed. It is adorable watching him get ready for bed as he secures that thumb in his mouth, reaches under and up the onesies (or pj's) and plants one in the ol' button. I must admit, it's a little peculiar, but man oh man is it cute! Red is finally simmering that temper down some. When I say "simmer" I mean its not boiling hot as of the past few days... its just at bubbling simmer. When I see the Red Fury engaging there are a few Mommy techniques that I been working to calm the blazes and redirect attentions. One of the newest from the littlest... the word "Ball." Its so cute to hear him as he's stomping around the house "Ball Ba Ball Ba." Last... the appetite. He just eats like a hog! When he's a teen I'll be forced to take up 2 side jobs just to afford feeding him. This child is soooo a Rawlings!
Brother and Sharing:
Taking turns has really become a stable in our every day lives with the boys now. And the concept is something that remarkably has been going well. From cowboy hats to riding zebras... if they both want the same thing... Shawn is the first to pipe up: "Lets take turns Landon. Now its your turn. Now its my turn." Landon then adds in with his sweet little voice "Yea Yea!" Fingers crossed for this to keep up (even for just a while longer.)
Photog World:
One word. Blessed. www.ashleyrawlingsphotography.com
Christmas Countdown:
The days are winding down until the Rawlings family tree and home decorating fun begin. Six days to be exact. Black Friday is going to be nutso... VERY early morning shopping with Lindsey, New Moon (round number 2 for me and Liz) with Liz & John, and then home to trim the tree with the loving husband and kiddos.
Shawnisms:
The phrases that come out of this kids mouth! Amusing. Loving. Sometimes embarrassing! Some of the latest:
*Me: "Landon, come here stinky butt."
Shawn: "No, he's not stinky butt. I'm stinky butt."
*Shawn: "Mommy, I love you for all ever."
*Shawn to strange guy at Target: "Hey, I love you! Wait, wait, wait. Be careful."
*Me: "Shawn, why are your socks on the floor?"
Shawn: "Because I have stinky feet."
*Shawn at night after I tucked him in: "Mom, wait wait wait. Be careful. Don't fall."
*CRASH! Shawn: "Oops, that wasn't supposed to happen!"
*After pooping on the potty: "Look! He's happy! I fed him poop! Yum yum gobble gobble."
On the Landon front:
Two words. Button Digger. Yes, he is still belly button (and thumb sucking) obsessed. It is adorable watching him get ready for bed as he secures that thumb in his mouth, reaches under and up the onesies (or pj's) and plants one in the ol' button. I must admit, it's a little peculiar, but man oh man is it cute! Red is finally simmering that temper down some. When I say "simmer" I mean its not boiling hot as of the past few days... its just at bubbling simmer. When I see the Red Fury engaging there are a few Mommy techniques that I been working to calm the blazes and redirect attentions. One of the newest from the littlest... the word "Ball." Its so cute to hear him as he's stomping around the house "Ball Ba Ball Ba." Last... the appetite. He just eats like a hog! When he's a teen I'll be forced to take up 2 side jobs just to afford feeding him. This child is soooo a Rawlings!
Brother and Sharing:
Taking turns has really become a stable in our every day lives with the boys now. And the concept is something that remarkably has been going well. From cowboy hats to riding zebras... if they both want the same thing... Shawn is the first to pipe up: "Lets take turns Landon. Now its your turn. Now its my turn." Landon then adds in with his sweet little voice "Yea Yea!" Fingers crossed for this to keep up (even for just a while longer.)
Photog World:
One word. Blessed. www.ashleyrawlingsphotography.com

Tracing Techniques. Very proud parents.




Love those pics! I love seeing my boys grow and take on thier own peculiar traits. From puzzles to button digging, those boys are really something else, I'm very proud of them.
ReplyDeleteI've missed your postings! Good to see a new one with updates :-)
ReplyDeleteI must say "Wow"... I can't believe Shawn traced those!! He is just an amazing boy. It's great that Landon is saying more things and that the boys are sharing. Even better that you found some diffusers for lil red's temper :-D
love love the pictures. I love the family ones too. cant wait to come see you all next weekend. Shawn and Landon are getting so big. Cant wait for Landon to say Aunt Lynda. LOL We miss you all so much
ReplyDeleteaww the boys are so cute. finally! some sharing time. :) i love you!! --Tearsa
ReplyDelete