I didn't think it was possible... in a year and two months time I exceeded my "free" storage space on blogger... who knew that I would ramble and picture myself out of a blog! Without further ado, the 2nd chapter to The Rawlings Family Blog.
Trick or Treat! (Don't smell Shawn's feet!) Happy Halloween, everyone!
Friday we headed over to Pap's house to bid him farewell for the winter. He's heading south and will not be returning until March(ish.)
Last night we headed out for our spooktacular trick or treat session with our Namily (neighbor/family) Kevin & Chris. They showed us around town (in the dark) and with my wonderfully keen sense of direction... I assured them... I'll never remember a think 'til daylight. The boys had a wonderful time. At one point we saw this little girl dressed up as a witch and I asked Shawn "Hey, what is she dressed up as?" His response: "I want some of your candy!" Landon did amazingly well in Chris's arms for the walk (even with Mommy being in arms reach.) It was nice to see him bonding so well with her! And even as we were heading home Kevin walked with him for a bit and he was again, comfortable.
In this little town the kiddos made out BIG with their bucket FILLED with candy. It was a great night... for everyone :) Thank you Kevin & Chris for showing us a great night and treating us like a part of your family. You guys have touched our lives in a way that you'll never know. We all love you... and know life works out certain ways for a reason. And Kevin, thanks a bunch for being my camera man... it was nice to have someone else in that role for a bit.
Trick or Treat! (Don't smell Shawn's feet!) Happy Halloween, everyone!
Friday we headed over to Pap's house to bid him farewell for the winter. He's heading south and will not be returning until March(ish.)
Last night we headed out for our spooktacular trick or treat session with our Namily (neighbor/family) Kevin & Chris. They showed us around town (in the dark) and with my wonderfully keen sense of direction... I assured them... I'll never remember a think 'til daylight. The boys had a wonderful time. At one point we saw this little girl dressed up as a witch and I asked Shawn "Hey, what is she dressed up as?" His response: "I want some of your candy!" Landon did amazingly well in Chris's arms for the walk (even with Mommy being in arms reach.) It was nice to see him bonding so well with her! And even as we were heading home Kevin walked with him for a bit and he was again, comfortable.
In this little town the kiddos made out BIG with their bucket FILLED with candy. It was a great night... for everyone :) Thank you Kevin & Chris for showing us a great night and treating us like a part of your family. You guys have touched our lives in a way that you'll never know. We all love you... and know life works out certain ways for a reason. And Kevin, thanks a bunch for being my camera man... it was nice to have someone else in that role for a bit.
Have a safe winter, Pap! We'll miss you.










I can't say I'm surprised you wore out your blogger welcome with posts & pics- you're a busy, picture takin' momma :-D
ReplyDeleteI just love the boys' costumes- they look so adorable! It looks like you all had a wonderful time :-)
Now Jon I have to ask- what is up with the facial hair? Don't get me wrong it looks good but I just had to ask ;-)