Saturday, November 7, 2009

Three's Company

This afternoon I had the pleasure (well, mostly pleasure) of babysitting my oh so sweet niece, Delilah. Three kids... one mom... no problem, right? After all, Jon and I do want another child in the next year or two. So this was a great way to see the juggling effect of three vs one.

Everything was going perfectly well... all kiddos getting along... lots of laughter, smiles, sharing, kisses, and over all fun. Just when I say to myself "I can do this, no prob" it was dinner time. Big mistake getting so "sure footed" in this roll. I leave the kiddos gated in the living room to get dinner out of the oven and Delilah starts. And it appears once she starts, she doesn't stop. Full out screamfest 2009. I rush around the kitchen preparing everyone's plates, getting drinks, all the while wondering if she was going to come up for air. Shawn was handling all of the high pitched shrillness very well might I add... until it continued out to the dinner table. Then the bib covers Shawn's face and he's wailing too. A mixture of "I'm scared. Delilah needs to go home. Delilah needs to go to bed. I'm scared of ghosts. I'm scared of Delilah." rambled on through the tears and sobbing. A few yo-yoing attempts in and out of the high chair and Delilah finally calms down enough to eat. Ok... headache, please oh please just go away.

After dinner I needed to put the three kiddos in the living room once again to finish cleaning up (for like 2 seconds might I add!) Wow, big mistake. D starts wailing... Shawn freaks... and now Landon's getting in on it too with the tears rolling and lip out. I sit down, hold all three of them, Shawn keeps insisting Delilah needs to go home now... and the phone rings. Its Liz and John... on their way here to rescue me from the insanity.

Not too long after my thought "Oh I've got this!" I had another... "Am I nuts?!?!?!" Ah, maybe... but that's ok ;)

Yet another attempt at the Christmas set up with Landon. The bottom two on the right show you exactly how thrilled he was about this Round 2.

The Shot... The only shot. But I LOVE it! He just caught Santa, right?

A few family photos.

We may not have it all together... but together we have it all.

I *heart* us... tons!

I love this shot. Like, a lot. This one's going on the wall.

MORE food! Yippie! Landon ate more than Mommy and Shawn combined... Daddy had to eat extra to make sure he out did the youngest R.

The Sweetest.

Family Dinner Outing.

Sharing and Playing. See how well things were going?

I love her. And really am excited to watch her again. Really, I am!

Cowboy Builder.

See, more sweetness.

These two were beyond excited to see each other.

Lovebirds.

If only the whole day could have been just like this.

Silly Babes.

"Mommy's Little Monster." and "My Auntie Loves Me." shirts

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad things started out well- just sorry they didn't continue to be that way. Even though it was madness I think you'll be just fine when you have your next one (maybe 2 if you have twins haha!). Thank you so much for watching her!

    Also love the pics of Landon's shoot, the family pics, & of course the pics from today :-)

    ReplyDelete